ASO to Stuff the Bus for Akron Public Schools
The Akron Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with United Way of Summit County to Stuff the Bus for Akron Public Schools.
Now in its sixth year, the Stuff the Bus campaign collects, sorts, packs and distributes backpacks full of school supplies to Akron Public Schools students. According to a United Way press release, 2019 is expected to be a milestone year for Stuff the Bus as the organization is striving to distribute school supplies at every APS elementary school.
The Orchestra will be collecting school supplies at each of our Summer Parks Concerts, which take place at 7:30 p.m. on:
- July 28 at Forest Lodge Park, located at 260 Greenwood Avenue
- August 4 at Goodyear Park, located at 2077 Newton Street
- August 11 at Firestone Park, located at 1480 Girard Street
We will have collection bins at each of the concerts for the donated items.
The United Way of Summit County requests donations of the following school supplies:
- No. 2 pencils with erasers
- Crayons (standard 24 count)
- Glue sticks (standard size, no jumbos)
- Large erasers
- Markers (standard 12 count)
- Notebook paper (wide-ruled)
- Pens (black or blue)
- Plastic Pencil cases or pencil pouches
In 2018, the Stuff the Bus drive collected enough supplies to fill 7,350 backpacks — one for every student at 23 of Akron’s 28 public elementary schools. This year, United Way is hoping to collect enough supplies to expand backpack delivery to the remaining elementary schools.
Join us in supporting the United Way of Summit County and Akron Public Schools by donating to the Stuff the Bus campaign at an upcoming Summer Parks concert.